- Prep Time : 20 min
- Cook Time : 10 min
Serves: 4 > Difficulty: medium
Whether preparing for a BBQ or wanting to create something that little bit different for your family meal, these tasty savoury cakes are just the ticket to impress.
- 450 Grams Sweet potatoes, peeled chopped, cooked and mashed
- 250 Grams Fish Free King Prawns, defrosted and chopped
- 4 Grams Large garlic cloves, minced
- 4 Tablespoons Vegetable oil
- 100 gs Breadcrumbs
- 2 Tablespoons Chopped pickled Jalapenos
- half Small red onion, finely diced
- 1.5 Tablespoons Spice Mix (recipe below)
- Flour for dusting
- 3 Tablespoons Cumin Seeds
- 1.5 Tablespoons Coarse Black Pepper
- 0.5 tablespoon Coriander Seeds
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- 0.5 tablespoon Sea Salt
Add all the ingredients to a bowl. Mix together until well combined (hands are best for this!) shape into patties approx. 7.5cm diameter.
Heat a pan over a medium heat, add the oil, when hot cook the patties for 2 minutes each side, transfer to a non stick baking tray and finish in an oven at 190Â°C for 5 minutes.
Make smaller patties for a starter as finger food. Delicious with lemon mayonnaise on toasted ciabatta and a zingy dressed salad.