- Prep Time : 15 min
- Cook Time : 25 min
Serves: 8 > Difficulty: Easy
Overview This delicious clear, sour soup flavoured with fragrant lemon grass, fresh ginger root and kaffir lime leaves, perfectly compliments the flavour of our Fish Free King Prawns. As an appetiser, for lunch, or as a nutritionally complete dinner.
- 10.8 Grams vegetable stock
- 2 Stalks fresh lemongrass cut into 5cm (2 inch) pieces
- 4 Kaffir lime leaves (leaf only)
- 1 Inch Root ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 Large red chillies, sliced
- 10 mls Large red chillies, sliced
- 7.5 Grams Sugar
- 200 Grams Straw mushrooms, cleaned and halved (or button mushrooms)
- 450 Grams Fish Free King Prawns
- 2 Limes, juiced
- 2 Spring onions, sliced
- A handful of fresh coriander leaves, chopped
Bring the stock to the boil over a medium heat. Add the lemongrass, kaffir lime leaves, ginger and chillies. Lower the heat to medium low, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
Uncover and add the soy sauce, sugar and mushrooms. Simmer for 5 minutes. Then add the Fish Free King Prawns and simmer for a further 8 minutes. Remove form the heat and add the spring onion, chopped coriander and lime juice. Serve hot.
If you don’t like it hot, cut down on the chilli peppers or don’t cut them up, but leave them whole for decoration.