- Prep Time : NA min
- Cook Time : NA min
Serves: 4 > Difficulty: Easy
Chilli non carne recipe from Mary McCartney.
- 400 gs Linda McCartney Vegemince
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 even tsp chilli powder (or more according to taste)
- 12-15 Fluid Ounce vegetable stock or water
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tin red kidney beans
- 2 Mexican green chopped (optional)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1, Heat the oil in a large saucepan and saute the onion until golden brown.
2, Add the chilli powder and Linda McCartney Vegemince and brown for 5 minutes.
3, Add the vegetable stock and tomatoes, together with their juice. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
4, Add the kidney beans – and the chillies if you are using them – and simmer for about 15 minutes, adding a little extra stock or water if necessary.
5, Season to taste and serve hot with rice, mashed potatoes or avocado salad.