- Prep Time : NA min
- Cook Time : NA min
Serves: 4-6 > Difficulty: Medium
Lovely Asparagus and Lemon Risotto from Linda McCartney's recipe book.
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 shallots or 2 medium onions, chopped finely
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 stick celery, finely chopped
- 280 gs Arborio risotto rice
- 1/1/4 litres pints vegetable stock, warmed
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed and chopped into 5cm pieces
- 6 fresh sage leaves, chopped finely
- 1 sprig roesmary, chopped finely
- juice and zest of 1/2 lemon
- 50 gs goat’s cheese or 4 tbs soya cream
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- grated vegetarian Parmesan to garnish
In a large saucepan, heat the oil and gently cook the shallots
(or onions), garlic and celery over a medium heat for approx 4 mins. Add the rice and stir well. Add 2 ladles of warm vegetable stock and stir until the rice has absorbed most of the liquid. Keep adding the stock gradually for about 10 more minutes, stirring frequently.
Add the asparagus, the herbs and lemon zest, and continue to cook gently, stirring frequently for approx a further 10 minutes. Don’t let the mixture dry out, add more stock if necessary. When the rice is cooked, mix in the goats cheese or soya cream and lemon juice, season to taste with salt and pepper and sprinkle with Parmesan (optional) before serving.